Samvat rice ( vrat ke chawal) or Branyard millet is healthy and gluten-free option during fasting days . That tiny creamish millet is pack of multi-nutrition. Having regular fried fasting meal makes me little feed up , but this excellent one – pot recipe masterly simple and it keep calm my hunger pranks .
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Samvat rice
- 2 cup water
- 1 small Potato (chopped)
- 1 small Chilli (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3-4 Curry leaves
- 5 piecesCashews (chopped )
- 3 tsp Peanuts
- To taste Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds , curry leaves and cashews. Sauté few minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes and cook until it turn light brown.
- Add peanuts and green chillies, sauté for a minute.
- Add samvat rice , water and salt . Mix well.
- Bring it boil . When water is reducing, low the flame, cover it for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Take off the flame and let them cover it for another few minutes. It is ready to serve. Add pomegranate pearls.
- Serve Pulao with curd and Makhana Sabhji.