Love eating chaat this lotus seed or Makhana chaat will blow your mind . .
Makhana Chaat Recipe is a chaat made with makhanas, peanuts , spicy green chutney and sweet – tangy date tamarind chutney poured over a makhana yogurt mixture .
Mostly makhanas eaten during the Navratri fasts, you could also serve this Makhana Chaat as an appetizer at your dinner party or serve it as a tea time snack.
1 1/2 cup Makhana
2 cup Yogurt
1 teaspoon Sugar
2 tablespoon Peanuts
Green chutney For drizzling
Date -Tamarind chutney For drizzling
Nuts(almonds,cashews,raisins) chopped Handfuls
Pomegranate For topping
Mango cubes For topping
Coriander For garnishing
• Soak makhanas by adding just enough water to cover them . Just 1/4 inch more than makhana level. Secondly after the makhanas becomes slightly soft , drain off excess water .
• Take yogurt in a bowl . Add sugar and whisk well .
• Put makhanas in jar or bowl . Add sweet yogurt. Drizzle green chutney and date tamarind chutney.
• Add nuts and mangoes cube .
• Sprinkle some pomegranate pearls and coriander on top .
• Serve immediately .