Pav bhaji – it’s most popular staple street food in India as now days it’s most cooked homemade meal too. Pav bhaji is consist of bhaji masala , mashed veggies and pav .
Pav bhaji masala is heart of this recipe . Spices ( pav bhaji masala) play important role. Blend of spices is added to some mashed vegetable . When they mix well , the aroma comes from bhaji was mesmerising.
Ordinarily the road side bhaji is prepared with potatoes, onions , tomatoes and some veggies but I skipped potatoes instead of theses I added pumpkin, soya chunks .
The freshly prepared bhaji masala adds lots of flavours.
Homemade Pav bhaji masala
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 tej patta / bay leaf
- 8 cloves
- 4 cardamom
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 15 black pepper
- 12 dry Kashmiri chilli
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoons amla powder
- 1 tablespoon amchoor powder
- Take a tawa. Dry roast all ingredients together for few minutes. Let them cool then transfer into blender jar and grind them into fine powder.
- 1 cup Pumpkin ( chopped)
- 200 gms Cauliflower forest
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1/2 cup Beans ( chopped)
- 2 medium capsicum( chopped )
- 2 medium carrots ( chopped )
- 4 onions ( chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 cup tomatoes purée
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 90 gms soya granules ( soaked and boiled)
- 3 tablespoon homemade pav bhaji masala
- Fresh Coriander
- Lemon wedges
- Take a pressure cooker, place all the vegetables together and add 1/2 teaspoon salt . Cover it and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Open and let them come in room temperature, mash them with the help of masher .
- In a pan . Heat the oil . Add ginger garlic paste, sauté for a minute then add onions , sauté for 7- 8 minutes.
- Then add capsicum, sauté for 2 – 3 minutes, add homemade bhaji masala , mixed well and sauté another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes purée , sauté for 10 minutes, then add soya bean granules , salt and mashed vegetables . Let them simmer for another few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander with toasted whole wheat pav , sprinkles some onions and lemon wedges.