I grew up eating to my mother’s hand Paneer Chilli. So maa used to feed us at home . At that time there were hardly two or three Chinese restaurants , I remembered one the name of restaurant is Vimpi where we went with our family.
My maa used to made this recipe with paneer dipped in refined flour and corn flour batter, fried in good amount of oil , tossed in soya sauce , chilli sauce , vinegar and some mixture of corn flour.
But As time progressed , we understood that this refined flour and corn flour is not good for our health. Nowadays, there are many healthy options or alternatives , like i changed some authentic ingredients of this recipe . I used besan , oats flour and ragi flour for batter. I do air fried to my coated paneer instead of deep frying. I made my own version of soya sauce instead market one .
There are two kind of paneer chilli :
- 200 gms Paneer ( cut into cubes)
- 1 1/2 cup Besan ( gram flour)
- 1 cup Oats flour
- 1/2 cup Ragi flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- Brush of oil
- 2 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Date syrup
- 2 teaspoon Red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoon Chilli sauce
- 4 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Ginger and Garlic , fine chopped
- 2 medium Onions, cut into quartered and separately each petals
- 2 medium capsicum, cut into squares
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- mixture of oats flour and water (1 teaspoon + 4 teaspoon water)
- Cut the paneer into cubes, take a bowl add besan , oats flour, ragi flour along with salt and water. Mixed well.
- It should coated condense . Meanwhile pre-heat the air frier . Coat all the paneer well.
- Place coated paneer into air frier untill both side becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Heat oil in another pan . Add ginger , garlic . Sauté for 2 minutes. Add onions and salt . Sauté another 3 minutes , then add capsicum. Sauté 2 minutes. Add all the sauces and vinegars . Mixed together well.
- Turn low the flame, add oats flour mixture, add paneer cubes and tossed well to combine paneer with sauces. Turn off the flame. Garnish with coriander or green onions.
- Serve hot .