Every mom wants her kid to be part of that league with the most interesting snacks. The smile on the child’s face is every mother’s greatest gift. Yet, in the business of the morning, it is a little tough to decide what to make and pack in the tiffin box, and we so often end up packing the same old roti and aloo. Not that we intend to send something normal or boring; it’s just that we lack the time to decide on something wonderful and prepare it. Not to worry The amazing TIFFIN BOX Recipe is here.
For the palak roti / paratha
• 1 cups whole wheat flour / atta
• 1/2 cup oats flour
• 1.5 cups spinach / palak
• Salt as needed
• ¼ tsp cumin powder
• Oil for kneading
• Ghee for toasting
For the stuffing
• 1.5 cups paneer grated or crumbled
• 1 cup potato boiled & mashed
• 1.5 tbsp oil
• ½ tsp cumin
• ¾ to 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
• ½ tsp red chili powder (adjust as needed)
• ¼ tsp garam masala
• ½ tsp coriander powder
• Salt as needed
• coriander leaves chopped
• onion slices
1. Wash and rinse palak well in ample water. Drain and puree with salt, cumin and garam masala. Transfer this to a mixing bowl . add whole wheat flour and oats flour.
2. Mix well and make a stiff dough. Add oil and knead it well until soft. Set aside.
3. Heat a pan with oil and saute cumin until thy crackle.
4. Saute ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes away. Cook the onions along with chili powder, salt and spice powders until the mixture thickens and the raw smell goes off.
5. Add the crumbled paneer and potatoes mix well.
6. Cook on a low heat for 2 to 3 mins until the stuffing blends well. Add coriander leaves and stir.
7. Divide the dough to 6 to 8 balls. Dust the rolling board and begin to roll the balls to roti.
8. Heat a griddle until hot enough on a medium high flame. Transfer the roti to the tawa and cook just for 1 to 2 mins. Flip it and drizzle some oil or ghee and cook pressing down with a wooden spatula. Cook on both the sides until the roti is cooked to golden brown spots.
9. Add the stuffing towards one one half of the roti. Begin to roll tightly. You can also use foil to wrap them on one side to seal the stuffing inside. It’s ready to pack.