Dhokla is a vegetarian dish which is belongs to Gujarat but very popular in other states too. Classic Dhokla is made with a fermented batter made from rice and split chickpeas.
But this is 5 minutes microwave instant Dhokla recipe.
I love this recipe. It’s soft, spongy and is extremely flavorful. A mouth-watering, nutritious and irresistible Gujarati snack that’s actually healthy, nutritious, gluten-free.
1 cup Besan
1/2 cup Curd
2 tsp. Suji
1 tsp. Chilli ginger paste
Pinch of Sugar( optional)
Salt to taste
2 tsp Oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Fruit salt ( eno)
1/2 – 1 tsp. oil
A pinch of asafetida
1/4 tsp. mustard seeds
4-5 curry leaves
1 green chili, chopped
1 tbsp grated coconut (fresh is better)
1 tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon/lime juice
• Add all the dhokla ingredients except eno in a microwave safe mug. Mix really well until there is no lump and a smooth cake like batter is formed.
• Stir in eno and mix until frothy and almost double in volume.
• Microwave for 4 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
• In the meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat. Add asafetida, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let it splutter for few seconds until fragrant.
• Add chopped green chili and grated coconut. Stir for around 30 seconds. Add water, sugar and lemon juice and mix until sugar dissolves.
• Pour the tempering over the dhokla and serve immediately