A grandiose wholesome drink rupture with flavours of healthy ingredients. kokum and badaam are summer coolants.
kokum is known as Garcinica indica. It is dark red colored fruit. usually it used after dried in the sun. After drying they yield blackish purple color. The dried fruit is a souring agent. In Punjab it hardly get fresh kokum, so i used dired kokum for my kokum Badaam sharbat.
weather is hot and humid these days, homemade sharbats are always buckler us from this heat. The syrup can be stored in a refrigerator for several weeks. All you have to do is add water /ice and that’s it.
Mostly people thinks it’s too hard to make syrups at home but NO it is easy ,healthy ,different from market and yummy . Just couple of ingredients like kokum , Almonds , Green cardamom , Mixed seeds and Sugar .
- Improves Digestion and Appetite.
- Helps to reduce weight.
- cooling effect on the body.
- Heals stomach ulcers.
- Anti-Cancer properties.
- Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Inflammatory properties.
- Rich in Vitamin C.
- Low in calories and Rich in dietary fibers.
- Helps in increasing brain power.
- Boost bone and teeth health.
- Good for skin and hair .
- Low down bad cholesterol level.
- Give strength to immune system.
- Make heart healthy.
- Help to mange weight.
- Low down high blood pressure.
KOKUM BADAAM SHARBAT
- MIXER AND GRINDER
- HEAVY BOTTOM PAN
- 500 GMS ALMONDS / BADAAM SOAKED OVER NIGHT
- 1 CUP KOKUM Soaked 2-3 hours
- 10 CUPS WATER
- 50 GMS Green Cardamom
- 100 GMS MIXED MELON SEEDS
- 5 CUPS SUGAR
- 1. Remove the skin from almonds and grind in a grinder to make a smooth paste.
- 2. Grind the kokum with little water. Strain the kokum mixture.
- 3. Take heavy bottom pan . Add water and sugar in a pan . Boil until the sugar dissolve properly.
- 4. Add almond paste, in a sugar syrup and cook till the mixture is reduced.
- 5. Grind melons seeds into smooth paste ,add in syrup . Reduce the heat and boil couple of more minutes.
- 6. Grind green cardamons with little water. strain it and add into syrup. Mixed well .
- 7. Let the cool syrup and then add kokum paste in the syrup. Mixed well.
- 8. Store the sharbat in a bottles or jars in a refrigerate for up to 1 month.
- 9. When serving , add 2 tbsp sharbat in a glass and top the glass with ice chilled water.
- 10. Serve super Chilled.
- soak almonds and kokum is important step for this recipe.