In india it’s ritual that we kick start our day with a hot cup of tea . It refreshes you, energises you and prepares you to face the day ahead. Various teas have various health benefits. One of most popular tea is Kashmiri Kahwa. Kashmiri Kahwa tea is plausible not only for its exotic rich flavours but also the numbers of healthy benefits it motion for the body , mind and soul.
Kashmiri Kahwa is prepared to by boiling Kashmiri kahwa tea leaves, saffron, cardamom, cinnamon and topped with Kashmiri rose petals, honey, crushed almonds. All these ingredients put together make the tea not only dainty but also healthy . This tea is ordinarily prepared in a ‘samovar ‘which is a brass kettle, having a central cavity to place live coals and a space for the ingredients to boil.
A day’s wage cup of Kahwa aid ameliorate your mood, burns fat, relieve stress and reform concentration. Saffron in Kahwa tea is a very good wellspring of vitamin B2 or Riboflavin. Vitamin B12 is constitutive for the body as it helps in strengthening immune system, energy out-turn , production of red blood cells, keeping eyes , hair and skin healthy .
- 2 cups water
- 4 cardamoms, slightly crushed
- 1 ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 2 tsp Kashmiri green tea leaves
- A few strands saffron
- 2-4 tsp honey
- Rose Petals
1. Boil 2 cups of water along with cardamoms , cloves and cinnamon.
2. Add Kashmiri green tea leaves and switch off the flame. Let it infuse for about 2-3 minutes.
3. In the meantime, blanch and slice 2 almonds and put in a tea cup along with a few strands of saffron.
4. Strain and pour the tea into the cup. Sweeten with honey and enjoy.