In scope of india has vast range of chutneys . Each terrain of india has it’s own version of chutneys .
Peculiar south india, has exceedingly range of chutneys which is often made for south indian breakfast recipes. It is facile and easy chutney recipe which made from tomatoes, onions and variant ingredients.
kara chutney is one such easy , spicy and full of flavours chutney . It’s apace and hasty to prepare. It is best side dish to accompany to your main dish like Dosa / Idli and many more.
🥣 Preparation Time : 5 minutes
👩🍳 Cooking Time : 10 minutes
⏳ Total Time : 15 minutes
- 3 teaspoon oil
- A pinch of asafoetida( hing )
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 7-8 Curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp Channa dal
- 1 Tbsp Urad dal
- 5 dry chillies
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 2 medium Onions ( chopped)
- 3-4 medium Tomato ( chopped)
- Salt to taste
For Tempering :
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- A few Curry leaves
- In a pan , heat the oil , add hing and mustard seeds . When seeds are starting popping up , add urad dal and channa dal .
- Roast the dal until it starts change his colour. Then add dry red chillies.
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Then , add chopped onions. Sauté till onions starts translucent.
- Add tomatoes, sauté till it becomes soft and mushy. Add salt . Sauté another one minute.
- Turn off the flame, let them cool this mixture, transfer in mixer jar , add 1/2 cup water and blend to smooth paste . Transfer in some bowl.
- For tempering, take small pan . Add oil , mustard seeds and curry leaves. Seeds start popping . Turn off the flame. Pour this tempering over chutney.
- Serve with Idlis, Dosa , Upma or Uttapam .