teeyan is the punjabi name of the festival teej and also called punjabi teej. in punjab we dedicated to the onset of monsoon and focuses on daughters / sisters.
I remember in my college days i loved to celebrated this festival in sawan month. This festival was very well accepted in our college. Me and my friends used to be happy with it, swing swinging , did teeyan gidha and had special teeyan food .
Gulgule is a most popular sweet snack in monsoons and made with just couple of ingredients like whole wheat flour and jaggery. It is simple easy and delightful deep-fried balls.
HOW TO MAKE GULGULE
- First of all , add jaggery and water in a pan . whisk it till boil comes . When water start boiling turn off the flame .
2. In another bowl add wheat flour, jowar flour , maize flour, oats flour, pinch of baking powder and fennel seeds . Mix well together.
3. Add jaggery syrup in to flour mixture. make sure the batter is dropping consistency.
4. Beat the batter properly and make sure the batter has enough airy texture. with the help of hand , scoop of batter . Drop into hot oil make sure a round shape attained. stir occasionally and fry on medium low flame until golden brown colour.
5. Drain off make sure drain all the oil. serve hot Gulgule.
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Oats flour
- ½ cup Jowar flour
- ¼ cup Maize flour
- ½ Tsp Fennel seeds
- ¼ Tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1 cup Water
- 1. First in a sauce pan . Add jaggery and water together . Bring the boil whisk and dissolve the jaggery properly .
- 2. In another bowl add wheat flour, oats flour , jowar flour , maize flour and fennel seeds. mix all flours together .
- 3. Add jaggery syrup into flours. Beat until batter turns smooth. make sure batter has enough airy texture and dropping consistency.
- 4. Dip the hand into batter and scoop of batter.
- 5. Drop into hot oil make a round shaped is attained. Stir occasionally . fry on low medium flame until golden brown .
- 6. Drain all the excess oil from gulgule.
- 7. Serve hot .