It’s a classic Italian dish . It comes in pasta categories. As we celebrating Indian Grains Month. I made Gnocchi use indian grains BRANYARD MILLET instead of refined flour .
• 1 1/2 cup Potatoes mashed
• 1 cup branyard millet (samak k chawal ) flour
• Sea salt ( to taste)
• 1/2 tbsp almond milk
• 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
• 3/4 cup fresh coriander
• 3 tablespoons pine nuts
• 2inch ginger
• 3 tsp oil
• salt and pepper to taste
Method for Pesto
Blend all ingredients in blender . Your pesto is ready.
Method for gnocchi
1. Mix the flour and potato slowly. Do not over work the dough because you want to keep the gnocchi soft and airy.
added 1/2 Tbsp of almond milk to make it more fluffy.
2. Roll it into a cylindrical shape. It will feel sticky and that is normal. Cover the dough with a dish cloth for about 10 minutes. While the dough is covered, boil about 8 cups of water
3. Cut the dough into about 4 inch pieces and roll them into cigar shapes. Keep the diameter as small as you can get it . Cut about 0.5 inch pieces from this cigar shape.Roll them on a fork to get their trademark grooves.
4. Place the gnocchi in the boiling water.When the gnocchi begin to rise, take them out using a strainer.
5. Toast in pesto sauce. It’s ready.