Dhokla , steamed savoury cake are speciality in the Gujarati cuisine.
A healthy Dhokla is a light, fluffy and with mild flavours which make it prefect for a Breakfast or an Evening snack. This recipe is wedded to instant version. I always adore with Dhokla’s texture downy and spongy made with gram flour, oats flour,curd or butter milk .
Dhokla can be made in many modus . Instant or Fermented but when we have craving for such snack instant version is always worked, instant dhokla does not need much time consuming, planning or preparation.
Fiber , vitamin and minerals rich steamed breakfast is great way to start up a new day. Only a twist make this recipe wholesome and nutritious.
- Dhokla steamer
- 1 Cup Gram flour
- ½ Cup Oats flour
- 1 Tbsp Suji
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Ginger and chilli paste
- ½ Tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ Cup Curd
- 4 Tsp Oil
- ¾ Tsp Eno
- ½ Cup Water
- Salt to taste
- ½ Tbsp Oil
- ½ Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida
- 2 Tsp Curry leaves
- 3 Slit Green chili
- 3 Tsp Sugar
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Grated
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Coriander fine chopped
- 1.Take a bowl . Add gram flour, oats flour, suji , ginger chili paste, sugar , turmeric powder, salt , oil, lemon juice and curd . Mix well.
- 2.Then , add water . Mix all the ingredients and stir till sugar dissolved well or lump free batter
- 3. If batter will be thick add little more water . Fill 1/2 of Dhokla steamer with water , turn on flame and cover it .
- 4. Meanwhile Grease the pan with oil
- 5. Now it’s time to add Eno in batter with little water . Mix well.
- 6. Pour the batter in a grease pan . Quickly place in the steamer and cover it.
- 7. Steam it for 20 minutes on mid flame. Once it done , a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean . Turn off the flame. Let them cover another 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from steamer.
- 1. In kadhi add oil and heat it .
- 2. Add asafoetida and mustard seeds . When seeds start begin cracking then add green chilies and curry leaves. Sauté for few min.
- 3. Add sugar and salt . Pour water . Bring it boil , let the sugar dissolve. Turn off the flame. Let it little cool.
- 4. Transfer Dhokla on other plate or keep them on same tray. Cut them into squares.
- 5. Spread the temper on Dhokla . Let the all water absorbed by Dhokla. Cool them completely . Sprinkle some coconut and fresh coriander .
- Dhokla is ready to serve.