Upma has famous meal , regularly upma made with rava , but i am looking some more healthier ingredient to make upma. I found couscous best ingredient to replace rava for upma. Couscous upma is easy and quick recipe. Couscous is its versatility. It is amazing how just a small bowl of this tiny grain can fill you up and keep those hunger pangs at bay.
Instant Couscous – 3/4 cup
Salt -1/4 tsp
Water -1 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 medium size
Green chilli – 2 finely chopped
Salt as needed
Beans – 1/4 cup chopped
Carrot – 1/4 cup chopped
Capsicum – 1/3 cup chopped
For the seasoning
Oil – 2 tbsp
Hing pinch of
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
1. Take couscous in a bowl. Add 1/4 tsp salt to it.Bring water to rolling boil. Add to the couscous, mix well and keep it covered for 10 minutes.
2. After 10-15minutes – fluff couscous with a fork and our plain couscous is ready.
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and urad dal, when dal turns golden brown, add onion, green chillies, hing and curry leaves. Sauté on medium heat until onions turn transparent.
2. Add carrots and beans. Mix well, sprinkle water and cook covered, stirring in between until the vegetables are soft but not mushy.
3. Once the vegetables are soft, add capsicum and salt needed. Mix and cook for another 3-4 minutes. See to it that you do not overcook the capsicum.
4. Add the couscous and mix gently.
5. Garnish with curry leaves.