Phool Makhana or lotus seeds or fox nuts are much healthier ingredient can be used during Vrat . Makhana are rich in calcium, protein, iron, zinc and thiamine.
Phool Makhana curry is masterly easy recipe made with tomato ginger gravy and added crispy makhana‘s to it .
- 3 cups Makhana
- 2 tsp Ginger (chopped )
- 4 medium Tomatoes (chopped )
- 2 Green chillies (split)
- To taste Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 4 tsp Ghee
- As per required Water
- Take a pan . Add a spoon of ghee and roast the makhana until crispy.
- Take another pan . Heat the ghee . Add chopped ginger sauté until light brown.
- Add chopped tomato. Cook on low flame Until it turns soft and mashed.
- Add spices and mix well. Cook until oil gets separated.
- Add water. Bring 2 -3 boils.
- Add crispy makhana and give quick mix. Turn off the flame .
- It’s ready to serve. Garnish with coriander.