The Homemade Taco Shells recipe is super simple. Its not fried and baked making it healthy too. All you need is a few homemade tortillas and the Hard Taco Shells will be ready in just 10 minutes.
These vegan tacos are a great way to sneak more vegetables into your day. The vegan taco is entirely plant-based, made from mushrooms , crushed walnuts and plenty of seasoning.
I served them in Indian taco shells along with mushrooms, walnuts, cucumber. You can also serve along with Baked Beans, Salad, Refried Beans, Chilli Paneer, Filling & more.
•1cup Whole wheat flour
•1/2cup chickpeas flour ( besan)
•1/2cup leftover Dal or lentil ( yellow)
•2teaspoon cilantro, chopped
•1/4 cup Cooking oil
•Salt , to taste
• 1 cup mushroom (sliced chopped)
• 1 onion, fine chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1/2 capsicum, fine chopped
• 2 teaspoon walnut , crushed
• Salt , to taste
• Basil, few leaves
• 2 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 cucumber, thin ribbons
• 1/2 tomato, thin wedges
• 1/2 capsicum, thin wedges
• Basil, few
• 2 tablespoons peanut, crushed
• Salt, to taste
• Pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons hung curd
• 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle
• Fresh herb any
• 1/2 teaspoon ketchup
Directions for The Homemade Taco Shells and Filling Recipe
1. To begin making the Homemade Taco Shells Recipe, we will first preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Place top rack of oven on middle level and line bottom rack with a drip tray or even foil.
3. Assemble all the atta flour, besan , dal , cilantro and salt together in a deep bowl. Add oil and little warm water at a time and knead into a stiff dough.
4. Divide the Taco dough into equal portions.
6. Roll out a portion into a 4 inch diameter circle by dusting in flour while rolling.
7. Once rolled, prick the taco dough with a fork. This will prevent it from puffing.
8. Next drape the taco on the baking grill rack. They will spread over two rows of the grill rack. Once you have arranged all the tacos in the grill rack like shown in the picture, place them in the oven.
9. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes until you see the taco are crispy and lightly browned.
10. Keep a watch on the taco as each oven acts differently. Sometimes it turned over brown . So monitor till you understand how the oven behaves with the taco.
12. Once done, remove the Taco Shells from the oven and allow it to cool completely. The Taco Shells will continue to harden while it cools down.
13.For Filling: In a sauté pan , heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion , mushrooms and seasoned with salt , pepper . Toss to coat all mushrooms .
14. Cook for 5 minutes on medium flame without stirring .
15. Reduce heat to low flame and add garlic and walnuts . Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is fragrant and mushrooms are fully cooked.
16. Remove from heat and add basil .
17.Salad : use ribbon blade cutter or slicer , cut the cucumber into ribbons.
18. In a bowl, mix all ingredients together(Cucumber, tomato, capsicum, salt, pepper and peanut ).
19. Mix dressing into cucumber, stir well to combine.
20. To assemble the tacos, spread sauté mushrooms down the centre of each taco shell. Finish the tacos with salad garnishes or your choice of Dips.
21. Serve immediately .