Dosa is most famed core food in supreme part of India and abroad too. People can have them in breakfast, lunch or dinner. In previous era dosa were made with only fermented rice batter but with passage of time people started add some lentils or other ingredients too.
Various types of dosas are making with various types of ingredients . I made Beetroot millet Dosa . It is great healthy breakfast option. It is rich in protein, calcium , fibre , iron , vitamins and minerals. It is merit plenteous meal to start your day. You can experiment with various ingredients to make Dosa .
Plenty of healthy ingredients like Oats, ragi , lentils, rice and many more. It makes prefect breakfast for brighter morning. Great health benefits have in just one Dosa . Serve crispy Dosa with Sambar and Kara Chutney.
Why fermentation is important?
Fermented food have plenteous benefits for our body .
1. Highly nutritional values : fermentation process increased the nutrients in food. It leads to good bacteria intake to our body .
2. Easy to digest: fermentation food is easier to digest , our body requires less energy to consume .
3. Boost immune system: Fermented food boost immune system and reduce risk of infections .
4. Digestive health: Fermentation process produce “ Probiotics “ which help to restore the balance of good bacteria in our gut .
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Fermentation Time : 10 - 12 hours
Cook Time : 20 minutes
Total Time : 13 hours
- 1/2 cup Urad dal
- 1/2 cup Brown rice
- 1 tablespoon Moong dal
- 1/2 tablespoon Channa dal
- 1/4 tablespoon Toor dal
- 1/2 tablespoon Oats
- 1/2 tablespoon Ragi
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seed ( methi seed)
- 1-2 cup Beetroot juice
- Salt to taste
- Wash all lentils and rice , till water runs clear.
- Soak them for at least 5 to 6 hours, in ample of water.
- Soak Oats , ragi and meethi seeds separately in bowls .
- Add all soaked ingredients and cumin in blender jar , add little water and blend it well.
- The batter must be smooth and thick consistency. Transfer into large bowl.
- Let them allow to ferment for overnight, the batter has rise and fluffy.
- Just before making add salt and beetroot juice depends upon batter consistency. It should be pouring and spreading consistency.
- Heat a dosa tawa . Pour a ladle of batter on hot tawa and spread it evenly round.
- Apply little oil around the edges . When edges start to leave tawa. Flip and cook little while .
- Again flip it and cook until the base turn little golden .
- Spread masala over dosa . Fold it
- Repeat the process for next dosa.
- Serve hot and crispy healthy Dosa .