Chole Kulche is one of the main north Indian dish that is loved as a street food. How many times have we eaten them in your college canteen or on the streets. I can recall the chole’s taste that are severing and wanted to re-create the same taste at home too.
This dish is sure to bring you a flavour of Amritsar streets right into your homes. It is so rich, spicy and full of flavours . Chole has little tangy taste due to added of amchoor powder and sukhi ambi ( dried mango piece) . Spicy and flavour due to added special amritsari channa masala which I brought from Amritsar .
- 2 cups Chickpeas ( kabuli channa) soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup moong dal or masoor dal (soaked 2 hours )
- 1 teaspoon dried amla pieces
- 2 green Elachi
- 2 pieces dried mango
- 2 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tbsp channa masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Ginger julienned
- Thin slices onions
- Green chillies
- First soak the channa overnight in water.
- Pressure cooker the channa adding the dal and spices mentioned above with wrapped tightly in muslin cloth.
- Pressure cook for 10 – 15 minutes or till completely cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan . Add the chopped onions. Sauté till golden brown.
- Add slit green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Sauté for few minutes.
- Add channa masala powder, cook for a minute.
- Add masala into cooked channa.
- Add all other spices . Sauté 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add water if required. Add salt and simmer till your required thickness.
- When the channa is ready. Garnish with ginger julienned, chilli , onions and coriander.
- Serve hot with atta Kulcha.