When children refused to healthy vegetable, mommies have only option to add healthy ingredient in their favourite food. In winters, specially in Punjab we used to cook saag , so I found leftover Red Amaranth (chaulai) leaves in my refrigerator and some Beetroots.
Forge quick plan to make soup with these two ingredients. In a cold day sipping a hot soup is a delight!!
Benefits of Red Amaranth
- Boost immunity
- Rich in vitamin A ,C , B and K
- High in fibre
- Low in calories
- Rich in potassium
- Rich in protein and calcium
- Easy to digest
- Good for skin and hair
- Good for anemia
- High in iron
- Helps to manage weightReduce
- cholesterolBoost bone strength
Gulten free Amaranth is a super food.
Here is the recipe:
• 2 Tbs butter
• 1/2 onion chopped
• 1 clove garlic minced
• 3 cups vegetable stock
• 2 cup beetroot (chopped)
• 1 bunch red amaranth leaves (tough stems removed and roughly chopped)
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• Freshly ground pepper white pepper preferred
• Rock salt
• 2 tsp Coconut milk
• Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic cook until fragrant, 1 minute
• Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
• Add red amaranth and beet root chunks , bring to a boil, and cook until tender, 5 minutes.
• Add salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Turn off the flame.
• Transfer soup to a blender and blend smooth.
• Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a pan and gently warm, add lemon juice .
• serve, sprinkling with black pepper , if desired and add coconut milk or coconut cream.