Occasionally , we just need comfort food in our life. But comfort doesn’t have to mean unhealthy. Such is the case with this healthy yet insanely creamy red pepper tomato soup!
If you have 20 minutes, you can make this simple, nutrient-rich soup that’s perfect for days .
This adaptation is similar to classic tomato soup with the addition of bell pepper. In place of cream, I rely on coconut milk and the flavor comes from roasted tomatoes, burnt garlic and roasted bell pepper. Once it’s blended all up, it takes on a deep red-orange hue and silky-smooth texture.
I could boast about the flavor all day, but it’s also so hearty healthy.
• 1 large red bell peppers
• 4 fresh tomatoes
• 1 cup water
• 1 carrot
• 2-3 cloves garlic
• 1 onion
• 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black
• 1 tsp dired basil
FOR SERVING optional
•Herb Garlic bread sticks
• Full-fat coconut milk
• Black pepper
1. Roast red peppers, tomatoes , onion, garlic and carrot in a 500 degree F (260 C) oven or over an open flame on a grill or gas stovetop until tender and charred on all sides – about 10-15 minutes in the oven, or 5 minutes over an open flame.
2. let cool to the touch, and remove charred outer skin seeds and stems.
3. Transfer to blender or use immersion blender to purée soup. Then transfer into saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
4. Add salt , black pepper and dired basil . Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
5. Let simmer on low for at least 10 more minutes. The longer it simmers, the deeper the flavor develops.
6. Serve as is or top with desired toppings, such as herb garlic bread sticks , cilantro, pasta , black pepper and coconut milk.