The first time I made this recipe I used another brand of fat udon noodles. I’ve since learned that not all udon noodles are the same. These are now mine and children’s favourite. Made with wheat flour and salt, these noodles are vegan and healthy! I can only imagine that fresh udon noodles would surpass these.
This stir fry is a great base recipe, featuring just a basic collection of ingredients. Feel free to add in a mushrooms, bell peppers, bean sprouts, bell pepper, shredded cabbage or just about anything else you have around would also be a great addition.
These are great deputy from regular refind noodles 🍝 . And the rose of children’s party too.
How to Make 15-Minute Spicy Udon Noodles
1. Gather your ingredients and mix up your sauce.
2. Heat oil in your wok over medium-high heat and set your noodles to soak. Then add mushrooms, the carrots and onions and stir in the hot wok until softened.
3. Add the noodles .Add the sauce and toss to coat. Finally, add the spinach and stir fry until the spinach is wilted. Spoon into bowls, garnish and serve!
- 14oz udon noodles packet
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium carrot thin long chopped
- 1/2 cup snap beans
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup red bell pepper long chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1-2 tsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tsp thai chilli sauce
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- Sesame seeds
- Green spring or cilantro
Prepare your vegetable and set aside. You can fill large bowl with hot water and add udon noodles to the bowl to soak .
In a large wok , heat oil over medium heat . Add mushrooms, bell pepper, carrot and cook, stirring for a minute. Add snap beans, green beans and cook , stirring for a minute . Add onion and cook , stirring until onion are soft and carrot are tender.
Drained noodles and transfer into a large bowl . Add sauces in udon noodles , stirring and combine well .
In wok , scatter spinach and cook , stirring constantly until spinach is wilted.
Add udon noodles in a wok and stirring to combine well . Remove wok from flame. Transfer to a plate or bowl and garnish with sesame seeds, peanuts and cilantro.