Barely is wonderful whole grain.
it’s also a nutritious, high-fiber , high in mineral grain that boasts an array of health benefits.
The grain comes in two forms—The grain comes in two forms pearl and hulled and for quickest results, you can use pearl barley.
• Barely 1 cup
• Olive oil 1 tablespoon
• Cumin 1 teaspoon
• Star anise 2
• Dry chilli 1
• Asafoetida a pinch
• Carrot diced 1 medium
• Beans chopped. 1/2 cup
• Turmeric powder. 1/4 teaspoon
• Sea salt to taste
• Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon ( optional)
• Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoon
1 Soaked 1cup barely in water for 2 hours.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds, dry chilli, star anise, asafoetida, carrot, beans and barley. sauté for 2-3 minutes and mix well .
3. Add turmeric powder and 2 ½ cups water . let it come to a boil.
4. Add salt , Italian seasoning and mix well. Put the lid on and cook under pressure for 3-4 whistles. Open the lid when the pressure reduces . Add parmesan cheese and coriander leaves. Mix well.
5. serve hot.